MIAMI, FL–(Marketwired – August 02, 2016) – From July 28-31, 7,500 Zumba® instructors traveled from 90+ countries to embark on a life-changing weekend packed with trainings, master classes, concerts and celebrations at the 2016 Zumba® Instructor Convention in Orlando. Most importantly, global dance fitness leader, Zumba®, celebrated 10 years of the Zumba® Instructor Network (ZIN™), a growing community of fitness and dance professionals from 186 countries who have made Zumba® an integral part of their lives.
“Zumba continues to be a growing movement because of our amazing instructor community, who inspire millions of people every second of every day,” said Zumba® creator Beto Perez. “It’s not common to see this type of passion and commitment in the fitness industry, and this week was a special opportunity for us to honor all they’ve done and will continue to do for the next decade.”
Throughout the weekend, special performances and events took place, including:
- A beautiful Orlando Pulse Nightclub tribute for survivor Angel Colon and all those who we remember; special appearance from the officer who saved him.
- Dance performance from 7-year-old viral dance sensation from the Philippines, Balang, who stated he wanted to become a Zumba® Instructor on The Ellen Show. Zumba presented him with a special instructor certification.
- Zumba® Fitness-Concert™ featuring headline performances by Grammy award-winning producer Timbaland with R&B/Pop girl group Obs3ssed, reggae superstar Shaggy, Dominican singer-songwriter Wilfrido Vargas, Max Pizzolante and J-Pop/R&B singer AISHA.
- A performance celebrating a decade of dance featuring instructors who have been teaching Zumba® classes for 10 years, led by Zumba® creator Beto Perez.
- Official launch to instructors of Zumba’s brand new music-led, HIIT-inspired program, STRONG by Zumba™.
About Zumba Fitness, LLC
Founded in 2001, Zumba is the largest branded fitness company in the world — reporting more than 15 million weekly participants, in 200,000 locations, across 186 countries. Known as “exercise in disguise,” Zumba® blends contagious world rhythms with easy-to-follow choreography, for an effective, total-body workout that feels more like a party than exercise. In addition to its original Zumba® program, the company offers 10 Zumba® specialty classes — from aquatic-based to those specifically designed for active older adults and children. In 2016, Zumba launched its first non-dance, HIIT-based workout called STRONG by Zumba™, based on Synced Music Motivation. The Zumba® lifestyle is rounded out by the company’s many consumer product offerings, including DVDs, video games and original music, active wear and footwear, nutrition drink line “Zumba Shake Shake Shake™” and interactive Fitness-Concert™ events. For more information about Zumba’s programs and products, or to find a live class, visit zumba.com. Visit the ZLife blog and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
A quick note about the Zumba® Mark
Zumba® was coined by us to identify our company as the source of fun and effective fitness programs combining easy-to-follow moves with invigorating world rhythms. When referring to our mark, we ask that you help us protect the thousands of instructors who teach Zumba®classes by following these guidelines:
- Capitalize the letter “Z” in our Zumba® mark
- Use the mark to describe our products or services (e.g., “the Zumba® program,” “Zumba®class,” “Zumba® instructor,” or “Zumba® DVDs”)
- Use the ® symbol after the word Zumba®
- Never use “Zumba” as a noun or verb (e.g., “You’ll love to Zumba” or “They went to Zumba”)
- Never alter the mark (e.g., “Zumbamania” or “Zumbatastic”)