So, you want to attend ZINCON. No, scratch that. You HAVE to attend ZINCON. There’s no way you want to miss out on the biggest and hottest party of the year. With Mario Lopez and Daddy Yankee already confirmed, you are counting down the days. It’s your annual opportunity to connect with friends from thousands of miles away, take classes taught by your favorite Zumba idols, train for new programs like STRONG by Zumba®, and learn amazing new choreography to take to your classes. It’s a dream come true. You only have one concern: your budget.
Let’s face it, a weekend at the 10th Annual Zumba Instructor Convention can get pricey, but that doesn’t have to put a damper on the festivities. Check out these tips for a budget-friendly ZINCON, so you can just focus on having the time of your life.
- Plan Your Meals Ahead of Time. Don’t wait until you’re starving to plop down at the nearest restaurant and scarf down food, because you might wind up with only expensive options to choose from. ZES Nathalia Ferreira has some great tips for cheap food options in Orland. Watch here.
- Affordable Housing Does Exist. You don’t have to stay at the costly hotels immediately surrounding ZINCON central. It’s so easy to get to the Orange County Convention Center, so check out some options a bit further away. Bonus tip: room with friends! It’s a great opportunity to catch up. Visit our hotel portal for more options or consider Airbnb.
- Let Us Help You Find a Roomie. Having trouble finding a roommate? No problem. Head to our forum to find your ZINCON bestie.
- Book Flights That Work For You. Our own personal travel agency, Forest Travel Agency, will help you find the best flights at the best prices. Start your research now and don’t forget to plan for ground transportation once you reach Orlando!
- Make It a Road Trip. Are you close enough to Orlando that you don’t really need to fly? Road trips can be a super fun way to get to ZINCON! Grab some friends and carpool, or consider AmTrak, Greyhound, or Mega Bus services.
Now that we’ve shared our tips, do you have anything to add? What’s your favorite budget-friendly ZINCON hack?