You just spent the last hour shaking, twirling, dropping low, and dancing your way through an amazing Zumba® class. You’re dripping sweat and your face is tomato-red. You’re proud of your workout and you want the world to know (ain’t nothin’ wrong with that)!
Before you snap your post-class photo and post it all over social media, check out our tips for getting your best selfie ever:
- Don’t be afraid to grab your selfie stick (it’s called SELFIE for a reason)
- Snap your reflection in a mirror ONLY if the lighting is really good (tip: natural lighting, aka the sun, is always the most flattering)
- Your phone’s camera comes with tools, so use them (avoid using flash, adjust brightness and sharpness, and make sure you focus on yourself)
- Use the back camera vs. the front one – your snap will come out better
- You know how everyone has a “good side”? Figure out your best angle and show it off
- Rep your hottest Zumba Wear
- Strike your favorite dance move with your Zumba besties and use that selfie stick to capture it
- Even though we think au natural is best, you might enhance your selfie with a filter; apps like A Color Story or Instagram’s built-in features are great (the Slumber filter has been known to bring in the likes)
- Share your best self and let the hearts roll in!
We love seeing your Zumba class selfies! Use #ZumbaSelfie and maybe you’ll wind up on our pages.