If you’re an avid Twitter use, you’ve likely been following the trending topic #ThingsIWontApologizeFor. What it is: a movement based on authenticity and standing up for oneself (for example, not apologizing for your beliefs on women’s rights). What it’s not: an excuse to be unapologetic for things you are at fault for (for example, not apologizing for spilling coffee all over your friend’s white pants). See the difference?
Here’s our list of 10 things we won’t apologize for. What’s on your list?
- Taking 60 minutes of me-time a day for my version of happy hour: a Zumba® class.
- Having a closet full of neon, metallics, and graphics (hello, Zumba® Wear).
- Treating myself to Sunday night pizza – we all deserve to indulge now and then!
- Rolling down my car windows, blasting Shakira + Carlos Vives ‘La Bicicleta’, and singing every lyric.
- Speaking my mind and being true to myself, without being afraid of what others will think (I am who I am and you are who you are; there’s a place for all of us on this earth!)
- Being the first to show up for class (what’s wrong with having a favorite workout?)
- Standing up for my best friend when she gets bullied on social media – it’s 2017, let’s all grow up a bit!
- Rocking an after class mirror selfie – I’ve worked hard on my health and I’m proud of this body!
- Having a goal of adding ‘Fitness Instructor’ to my resume (get paid to get healthy? Sign me up!)
- Trying a new workout and not being afraid to grab a front row spot, because judging people will never be in.