So you’ve finally decided to take a Zumba® class? That’s awesome! Be prepared to get addicted. The hour-long class is going to fly by, you’re going to sweat like crazy, and you’re never going to want to stop dancing. Yes, it’s that fun. You’ve mentally prepared yourself to go, but now what? We’ve got you covered. Read on for tips on what to do before your first class and what to bring along with you.
- Find a class that works for you! Zumba.com has a handy-dandy class finder that lets you apply filters like type of music, fitness level, and class time, date, and location so that you can choose a class that best matches your needs. Feel out different instructors until you find one that moves to your groove.
- Let go of fear. Zumba classes are probably the least judgmental place on the planet, so it’s a perfect place to forget your insecurities and just feel the music. The Zumba formula is repetitive, making it easy to learn the steps. So even if you have two left feet, you’ll still feel like a dance pro!
- Hydrate. We can’t say this enough! Water is your best friend before, during, and after class, so get acquainted!
- Get ready to travel the world. Not literally, of course. But, Zumba classes are made up of rhythms from all over the globe, so the music will take you places you’ve always dreamt of. You’ll learn new songs, new dance steps, and new cultures in one short hour.
- Dress appropriately. You’re going to want to wear fabrics that absorb sweat and keep you fresh and sneakers that let you pivot and glide with ease. Zumba Wear has everything you’re looking for. Try these pieces for your first class.
Loose tank-tops that let you move. Try the ‘Don’t Forget To Dance Cutout Tank’ with a super cute back detail.
Bras that provide support. The ‘Bonfire Babe Multi Way V Bra’ can be worn several different ways, so you’ll get just what you need.
Leggings that keep you fresh. Our ‘Bonfire Babe Capri Leggings’ have Z Dri fabric, designed to absorb sweat and keep you comfortable while you dance (plus, the palm tree print is so perfect for summer).
Shoes that help you move. The ‘Zumba Air Classic’ has air technology for maximum impact protection and shock-absorbing midsole, so you know these sneaks were made for dancing.
Still want a little something extra? Check out Zumba Wear accessories like headbands, snapback hats, wristbands, and a ton more.
You’re all set to have a kick-$*@ class, so get out there and shine. And don’t forget to show off your class style by using #ZumbaWear. Happy dancing!