Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Looking for inspiration? Here are eight ways to spend time with those you love, doing something you love together.
1. A rock climbing class. Dinner and a movie is so 2014. Call a local rock climbing facility and schedule a couple’s adventure you won’t soon forget.
2. Wine & Painting. Wine and design studios are popping up everywhere. Create a masterpiece while enjoying your favorite pinot with that special someone.
3. Perfect picnic dinner. Choose a scenic spot and pack a basket of light and healthy snacks, such as hummus dip (easy to make at home!), sushi and succulent strawberries with cacao-enriched chocolates.
4. Girls day. Spending the holiday with your best girlfriends instead? Treat yourselves to a spa day to release the stress and toxins that have built up since the new year.
5. Dancing. For you and your sweetie or you and the girls – dancing gives you endorphins much like irresistible chocolate or a great first kiss. Whether you choose salsa dancing with the girls or slow dancing with your man, you can’t go wrong.
6. DIY love. Much like the mixtape, creating a project for your loved one can be more outstanding than a new watch or a fancy dinner. Try writing a love poem, or use poetry from the greats like E. E. Cummings or Elizabeth Barrett Browning and turn it into a beautiful piece of art for your home.
7. Watch the sunrise or sunset. Take a great hike close to home for the most spectacular view. The exercise and beautiful scenery beneath the starry sky will bring your love back to the basics.
8. Make your own bouquet! Whether it’s for your sweetie, your best girls, or your mom, arranging your own flowers can add a great personal touch to any Valentine’s Day gift.
And now win!
Win a $100 Zumba Wear Gift Card