Just like protein is an essential part of a complete diet, your body needs the right amount of fiber, too. Good sources of fiber include fruits, vegetables, dark leafy greens, legumes, and whole grains. Our Zumba Shake Shake Shake™ contains 7 grams of fiber per serving, making it a great option to incorporate into your daily diet.
So why fiber? Here are 7 benefits that will make fiber your new best friend:
- Can help with weight loss because high fiber foods tend to be more filling and lower in calories.
- Soluble fiber helps control blood glucose. It slows the absorption of sugar after eating.
- Soluble fiber helps lower cholesterol by removing bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Insoluble fiber helps with regularity. It prevents constipation.
- A high fiber diet can lower the risk and severity of strokes
- Studies have found that a high fiber diet may aid in blood pressure control
- Fiber increases how quickly food passes through the intestine, which may decrease the risk of colon cancer
Anastasia Conover graduated from West Chester University with a bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. She continued her education receiving a Master’s degree in Clinical Nutrition from New York University. Now she teaches nutrition classes, does nutrition counseling, and develops healthy recipes and diets to help people reach their health and wellness goals. She also devotes her time to community outreach focusing on kidney disease education.